arrow_back Return

default background when songs added via Charts or Planning

April 16, 2024
Please can a default background be applied whenever a song is added from Charts or Planning? Inherit background does not work for our needs. Every Sunday we have to bulk-edit and apply our desired background. (we use black text on white background). Last Sunday our volunteer accidentally applied the bulk-edit to the foreground instead of background - this resulted in all the song lyrics being removed instantly (including from Charts, when the musicians were still rehearsing).
Posted by Wei Liang
April 16, 2024
Hi Wei Liang, there are two separate parts to your post.

"Can a default background be applied whenever a song is added from Charts or Planning" - yes, this bug was resolved a few weeks ago. You need to select a Default Background in Presenter first. Then, when a song is added in Planning or Charts, it will be added in Presenter with that default backgorund. If you already have one set (from before the bug was fixed), choose a different one and "Save," then re-select the one you want and "Save" again so that the Cloud receives your setting since the fix has been made.

"Last Sunday our volunteer accidentally applied the bulk-edit to the foreground instead of background - this resulted in all the song lyrics being removed instantly" - Presenter behaved correctly in this scenario. We understand it was an accident but the user edited the foregrounds, so all the foregrounds were change as instructed.
Posted by WorshipTools
April 16, 2024
Absolutely it was human error. But avoidable human error if it was designed differently such that this task was not required. That is the point I was trying to make.

Regarding the bug that was resolved - thanks - I will un-set, and then re-set the background as you have advised.

Question: is that default background setting global to the whole WT ecosystem? For example if I applied it to a Presenter install on my own laptop, will it "take", or do I have to do it specifically on the church computer? Thanks
Posted by Wei Liang
April 16, 2024
Yes, the Default background setting should be global. It is a cloud setting and all cloud settings are global.
Posted by WorshipTools
Login to post a comment