arrow_back Return

Format text box background in slides

September 21, 2020
Can you add the ability to format the background (color and opacity) of a text box in a slide? I'd love to add text, with a semi-transparent, darker background, so the text is readable, but you can still see any media behind the text box. It would also be great to be able to format padding/margins in a text box.

I currently use a workaround: I created a semi-transparent black png (solid black, opacity about 60%), add a media "box" in a slide, use that image, stretch to fit the container, and position the container behind the text. It works, but it's clunky. Being able to simply format the background in a text box would be much simpler.

Thanks!
Posted by Chris
February 8, 2021
You can actually do this. Using the trendy line template, I was able to go under advanced for the template, look at line background and change the line height so it was the right height for the font. In this box you can also set the opacity. It would be easier to just have a setting for a box as this method isn't flawless, but thought this might help you
Posted by Randle
February 9, 2021
Thanks so much. I couldn't get this to work (I'm on the newest version of Presenter – 2021.1.6). But I also didn't see the trendy lines template. Maybe you're talking about the songs editor? I'm thinking about slides, not songs. Let me know if I misunderstood your post.
Posted by Chris
February 10, 2021
Good clarification. Yes, I'm talking about song slides and not the slides option. I only put liturgy in directly with the slides and instead prefer to do all other slides via a google slides or powerpoint files as the design process is much simpler.
Posted by Randle
June 24, 2023
This is an issue for me too, I would love to see this functionality for slides as it would enable us to use motions behind the slide text in a much cleaner way.
Posted by Paul
Login to post a comment