arrow_back Return

Music Stand: A Permission to Add and Remove Songs in Setlist

April 15, 2021
Allow a user permission to create Setlists, and add and remove songs in a setlist. I would like to see a permission under Editor that cannot delete from the song library, create new songs, use ChordPro, etc. It would be useful to allow select users to add songs into a setlist to practice for the week, or even a few minutes before we start, but I don't want people intentionally, or accidentally, editing songs.
Posted by Christian
July 12, 2021
Hi Christian,

You're probably asking for a button that will "lock" the setlist from changes on Music Stand. For now, the best workaround is to make sure everyone has set permission levels. You can do this on the "People" page on the new Planning site. Here are the instructions for you to reference: https://www.worshipextreme.com/docs/90-users

There are 4 permission levels that you can assign each user and only those with "View & Edit" or "Admin" permissions should be able to edit anything on Music Stand. This will prevent any of your "View"-only users from making changes.
Posted by WorshipTools
August 5, 2021
I appreciate the reply, but no that is not what I am asking for. I do not want to lock out changes. "It would be useful to allow select users to add songs into a setlist to practice for the week, or even a few minutes before we start, but I don't want people intentionally, or accidentally, editing songs." I'd like a way for people to add or remove songs from a setlist, but not edit or delete the actual song/database. To give an example: I manage the song library/database. I add and edit all the songs we perform. I'd like a music leader to be able to create setlists, as well as add and remove songs from the setlist. However, I do not want them to be able to edit or remove songs from the library/database.
Posted by Christian
March 7, 2023
We had the same problem, and in the end had to give "View & Edit all Services and Songs" permissions to our worship leaders.
It would be better if there was a "View all Services and View & Edit Songs" permission, i.e. a permission that doesn't allow you to create services, but you can modify Song Cues within in there.
Posted by Richard
Login to post a comment