Related Threads
Scripture slides - Slide Break at end of verse/sentence
By: John(1) Latest post: October 20, 2019
Custom Break using Scripture
By: Curtis Latest post: July 13, 2020
Make Scripture Layout Customizable
By: Curtis Latest post: March 19, 2021
February 29, 2020
With the scripture tool, the slide breaks automatically "At Verse", and I have to set it to "Every (x) words" every time displaying a bible passage, so I would like in settings to be able to set a default Slide break option.

Also, with breaking "Every (x) words", it usually breaks in the middle of sentences. Maybe the software could automatically detect where the sentences start/end and intelligently break before the next sentence starts. Or detect where the verses start/end and ditto.

Alternatively, there could be an option to break where a word goes outside the (designated) margin, so the slide automatically fills the available space with as many words as can fit (while following the user-specified font type/size and margin parameters), otherwise the break sometimes looks like just one word in the middle of the last line, breaking mid-sentence, which looks a bit strange, and looks like wasted space?

Basically I either want the scripture tool to fit as many verses/sentences as possible into a slide based on customisable margins/font size, and break at the end of sentences/verses,
Or, fit as many words as possible into a slide based on customisable margins/font size, breaking from the first word that goes outside the margins.
Posted by Lisa
January 26, 2022
The breaks are not always the best. It would be better to allow for the user to place breaks where it is best suited for them. The breaks right now do not function well. It would be better to give up the yearly subscription for the bible and simply copy and paste the scripture in, if we can't place breaks where they make the most sense.
Posted by Shalini
Login to post a comment