arrow_back Return

PowerPoint conversion - what format is used when PowerPoint presentations are translated to be used in Worship extreme?

December 7, 2017
I notice that when you load a PowerPoint presentation it issubject to an availability delay while it is transmitted to the cloud and back
again and that it appears to no longer have all the characteristics of the
original presentation.

My question is what is it converted to and isthere a faster way to do this conversion locally to avoid the delay of upload +
Conversion + download and then display.
Posted by Paul
December 7, 2017
I also notice when using google Slides that the availability of the presentation is much  faster,  however these presentations also don't have the special characteristics that are possible within PowerPoint.
Posted by Paul
December 8, 2017
Thanks for the post. You can view presentations locally using PowerPoint by click the "Launch with PowerPoint" button in the upper right of a cue with a PowerPoint set as the foreground.  This will display all the native transitions and animations.  This button will only show on Windows machines with PowerPoint installed.
Posted by Adam
December 8, 2017
Hi Adam - Yes I was aware of the "lunch with PowerPoint" option however this is a very overhead intensive process and was looking to speed up the conversion process that takes place in the cloud.

is it possible to have this translation done locally in a future release?

This would prevent a delay in getting larger presentations to be available in Worship extreme in countries like mine who don't have very fast internet available at rates that churches can afford.
Posted by Paul
Login to post a comment