arrow_back Return

Media Library Tags / filters

February 18, 2018
Is it possible to load an entry into the Media library and have it set up with a default set of tags /filters? I have noticed that if a new picture  or video is added to the library of one machine and then loaded to the cloud to be distributed to other systems that the filters do not transmit so that the items can be categorised consistently on all machines.
is ist possible to make one Machine the master so that items are located under the same filters on all machines in the account.  
Posted by Paul
February 18, 2018
Thanks for the post!  You can import new media with a tag or tags.  Click the arrow next to the "Import Media" button, then choose "Import media with new tag".  Also, if you import media with certain tags set in your filter, they will be used on the new imported media.

Tags will sync to the cloud, they are part of the media.
Posted by Adam
February 18, 2018
Thanks Adam - that will work with new tags however can I nominate an existing tag to add it to an already existing category?
Posted by Paul
February 18, 2018
Also is there a way to do a batch update of tags on already existing Media?
Posted by Paul
February 19, 2018
Yes, you can add already existing tags to new media by selecting those tags in the filter first, then clicking "Import Media".  Whatever tags are selected will be added to the newly imported media.

To batch update tags, choose the table/list view. (Toggle to the right of Import Media).  In that view, you can select multiple items and add/remove tags with the buttons at the bottom.
Posted by Adam
February 22, 2018
Hello Adam - I must be doing something wrong because when I attempt the following it doesn't appear to work.

"To batch update tags, choose the table/list view. (Toggle to the right of Import Media).  In that view, you can select multiple items and add/remove tags with the buttons at the bottom."

I select the table list view, select the media items, go to the bottom and select "Add Tag" the drop down appears and I select the tag I want to apply, When the tag is selected it is never applied to the selected items and I cant see a save or update button so what is the next step?

What am I missing - if I select option and apply the tag one at a time they are applied but not if I try to use the batch method.

what am I missing?

Posted by Paul
February 23, 2018
That's all you should need to do.  I'm able to replicate the issue on my end too.  I'll make sure we get a fix out for this ASAP.  I'll update this thread once it's been released.  Thanks Paul!
Posted by Adam
March 5, 2018
Hello Adam - this issue appears to have been corrected in the new version that is currently in early adopter status.
Posted by Paul
March 6, 2018
Hi Paul- Thanks for the update!
Posted by Adam
Login to post a comment