arrow_back Return

Unable to import PowerPoint

March 24, 2019
I'm running WE free version 4.32.2 on Windows 10 with PowerPoint Viewer. I've been running this same setup since we started using Worship Extreme last year and up until this version I was able to import PowerPoint presentations with no problem. Now whenever I try to import I get an error message stating "Error generating presentation thumbnails. Verify PowerPoint is installed." PowerPoint Viewer is still installed and I'm not aware of any changes to the OS that would cause this. Anyone have an idea of what's going on?
Posted by Keith
March 25, 2019
In version 4.30, PowerPoint thumbnails are now generated locally instead of in the cloud. This was done to allow for much faster presentation importing as well as the use of custom fonts that wouldn't be on our cloud servers. Because of this change PowerPoint is required to be installed on the computer used to import the presentation into Worship Extreme.
Posted by Adam
July 6, 2019
Hi Adam - just getting setup with Worship Extreme. We have Office 2013 (32bit) installed with Powerpoint 2013 on Windows 10. I get the same error as Keith - kind of a show stopper for getting up and running with WE. Happy to provide any other information. James
Posted by James
July 6, 2019
Hi James- Worship Extreme PowerPoint import does work with Office 2013. Please send the presentation over to [email protected] and we'll try to replicate the error on our end. Thanks!
Posted by Adam
Login to post a comment