arrow_back Return

Transposing in Music Stand

October 7, 2020
I hope I am not being dumb!

I have been evaluating Worship Extreme (WE) and Music Stand (MS) so we can move away from OpenLP. So far I can see how WE works but am having trouble with MS.

1. I have uploaded a PDF in A and a PDF in B for a song. It seems to just use the latest upload. I know the PDF is not editable (easily) so how do you transpose within MS?
2. The features list using different chord sheet styles and shifting between them (1,2 column and Nashville). I assume these are not as PDFs, if so how do you upload them?
3. I can't easily shift between PDF pages on my iPhone. They stick part way or then suddenly scoot forward. Any ideas?

I like the principles but it all seems rather hard...

Thanks in advance - David
Posted by David
October 7, 2020
Hi David- To take advantage of of the transposing and different chart types, connect your account to SongSelect. The charts will come in automatically and you won't need to use pdfs.
Posted by Adam
October 7, 2020
Thanks Adam. I knew it would be something simple.

I also answers another question which was if I could use this for non church applications. I suspect CCLI doesn't have lyrics or chords for Moondance by Van Morrison :-(
Posted by David
October 7, 2020
Feel free to use the app for any application, but you may have to upload pdfs for songs not in CCLI SongSelect. :)
Posted by Adam
March 5, 2022
Very silly not to have a simple transpose. Real pain to have to go into planning, edit the chordpro and save, then return.
Posted by Guest
March 5, 2022
The quick transpose option works in both Music Stand and Planning for any song that has ChordPro saved - simply adjust the Key setting. You don't need to edit the ChordPro to change the key, but if you need to modify the ChordPro for any reason, you can edit the ChordPro right in Music Stand too.

For context, it seems that the original poster was specifically asking about PDFs, which can't be transposed by nature of the file type.
Posted by WorshipTools
March 5, 2022
I see that option now. It took me some time to realize there's a pulldown menu if you click top, center. Everything in that menu is great. And, makes sense regarding the inability to xpose pdf.
Posted by Guest
March 12, 2024
Is there a way to transpose to higher Capo positions than 4? Some songs I like the voicing of G-chords played capo 5 (C) is my only option manually uploading the chart in G?
Posted by Brian
March 12, 2024
You can capo up to 11.
Posted by Adam
March 12, 2024
I feel like such a dolt...I didn't scroll down. Thank you!
Posted by Brian
Login to post a comment