arrow_back Return
Already Possible

Multiple scripture verses per slide

June 28, 2021
We use a lower third and it is ideal to fill the majority of the space with text to minimize slide switching. The options to put 40 words / slide etc are not ideal because the breaks are at inconvenient spots and can make it difficult to search for the correct spot when a reference is called out. OpenLP has a much better solution and this is almost enough of a reason to force me to switch back to OpenLP even without the Song Select integration or motion backgrounds.
Posted by Jonathan
June 28, 2021
Hi Jonathan,
You can use the "Custom" slide break option to accomplish this. https://www.worshipextreme.com/docs/1666-slide-breaks
Posted by WorshipTools
June 28, 2021
The custom button works but is a lot of work to set up for each individual text. It would be nice to be able to make a space (200 px high by 1900 px wide for example) and then it automatically fits as many verses as it can in there. If the whole verse doesn't fit then it starts a new slide so that each slide starts at the beginning of a verse. This way the amount of text per slide would be somewhat consistent and you would still start each slide at the beginning of a verse.
Posted by Jonathan
January 18, 2022
I agree with Jonathan on this one. It's good that we can use the "Custom" slide break to do this manually, but it would be far less annoying to just have WE do it for us automatically based on a number of verses. Right now the only number for automatically doing this is 1.

What Jonathan is asking for is not already possible. This should be recategorized.
Posted by Joshua
April 1, 2022
I agree the Custom option is not the solution to this issue.

Using the custom break is time consuming. It would be great if there were a "Break on Verse" or "break at the end of a sentence" or manual break options within the word count breaks, so the maximum words are set, but the break is always at a verse or end of sentence, not necessarily the exact number of words.
Posted by John(1)
Login to post a comment