arrow_back Return
Completed

PowerPoint Importing

April 2, 2019
I would like to recommend that the ability to import PowerPoint presentations both locally and in the cloud be implemented. If the full version of PowerPoint is installed then it will generator locally but if not will do so in the cloud.

Something to keep in mind when considering this is that small churches/ministries with little to no budget for media presentation often rely on donated equipment so purchasing additional software to utilize certain features of WE may not be an option.
Posted by Keith
April 3, 2019
Thanks for the post! How do you create PowerPoint presentations without a PowerPoint license?
Posted by Adam
April 6, 2019
We don't typically create PowerPoint presentations ourselves but many of our guest speakers do. If we do need to create a PowerPoint presentation then we can do so via open source programs such as LibreOffice or OpenOffice.

I did try the work around that was suggested in the forum by adding a PowerPoint presentation to WE on a computer with a full version of PP. What I found is that it generated all the slides on that computer and said that it completed syncing but when WE was pulled up on the sanctuary computer all the slides were not there. Restarting WE loaded more of the slides but I was never able to get all of them to load.
Posted by Keith
April 18, 2019
This is also a significant issue for us. We prepare sermon slides in Keynote (i.e. Macs), but our presentation computers only run PowerPoint (i.e. PCs). Since the latest update we now have no way to remotely upload slides to WE (as our Macs don't have PowerPoint, and our presentation computers don't have Keynote. This is a HUGE backwards step.
Posted by Chris
April 18, 2019
Adding Keynote presentations to Worship Extreme is a new feature, that wasn't possible before.

Add Keynote presentations with your Mac and add PowerPoint presentations with your PC. Presentations will sync with the cloud and you'll be able to access all presentations on either computer after they have been imported.
Posted by Adam
April 19, 2019
Thanks Adam - we understand it's new to upload Keynote presentations. Previously we would create our presentations in Keynote (on the office Macs), and export it from Keynote as a PowerPoint file to upload to WE. Now however, when we try to do that WE gives us an error message - 'PowerPoint module not installed' (which I'm guessing is because we don't have PowerPoint on the Macs). If we upload a Keynote file from the office Macs, and then try to play that through our projection computers (which are PCs, without Keynote) the formatting is not happy.
Posted by Chris
April 19, 2019
On you Mac, under settings, change the "PowerPoint Import" application to "Keynote". This will allow you to import PowerPoint presentations from your Mac without PowerPoint.

Once a Keynote or PowerPoint presentation is imported, the slides are saved as static images. Does the imported Keynote presentation look correct on your Mac?
Posted by Adam
March 5, 2022
Not sure why the status of this is completed. Still unable to remotely upload PPT.
Posted by Thomas
March 9, 2022
Hi Thomas. PowerPoints can be uploaded locally and remotely from another computer running Presenter. (Just make sure PowerPoint is installed on any computer you're uploading those files from.) The data will sync through the cloud as long as both computers have access to the Internet while they're running.
Are you not able to upload PowerPoints? If so, please email us at [email protected]
Posted by WorshipTools
March 12, 2022
That's exactly the problem. Not everyone on our team or every computer has PPT installed. This is a silly hangup imo.
Posted by Thomas
1 2 arrow_forward