arrow_back Return

How do you get consistent tags on media on all machines accessing a cloud based items

March 16, 2018
I have noticed that media that is imported with tags into the cloud doesn't have the same tags attached when it is downloaded on other machines accessing the same account database. 
My question is, that if a set of media is loaded into one machine and then uploaded to the cloud the tags do not get created on the machines that then download the media.

I'm attempting to have a standard set of Tags in the media library however none of the tags get transmitted.

I have attempted force sync and even a deep sync however the tags appear to get lost.

In contrast when media is downloaded from CMG those items appear to have Tags associated with them and these have transportable tags that appear and create many often unwanted tags. .

However not being able to set up a standard set of tags across all machines is creating an unmanageable mess within the media library.

How do I fix this?
Posted by Paul
March 16, 2018
Hi Paul- I have confirmed the issue on my end.  This is not how it's supposed to function.  Looking into a solution now.  I will keep you posted on this thread.
Posted by Adam
March 16, 2018
Hi Paul- The issue was on our syncing server.  It has been corrected.

The tags where saving correctly to the cloud, but may not pull down because your computer may not see anything has changed.  You can correct this by adding a tag to your media, then removing it, then performing a sync.  That will flag the media as "updated".  Otherwise I can do it manually on our side.  Shoot me an email at [email protected] if you would like me to flag all your media as updated.

Thanks for reporting this Paul!
Posted by Adam
March 17, 2018
Hello Adam - this has partially worked however I noticed that after a while the newly created tags no longer appeared on another machine.
I have also noticed that even after spending some hours going over the entries in the database and adding and removing tags. Syncing the database still seems to have discrepancies between what is in the local systems and the cloud based data with different machines having unwanted tags on the entries..

How can I tell what is in the cloud as we still have machines with different entries and tags for the same database account?

is it possible to designate one machine to be the master so that the cloud based data is totally reset to something logical?
Posted by Paul
March 18, 2018
Also What would happen if we deleted the database files on the incorrect machines and forced them to download a new copy of what is held in the cloud?
Posted by Paul
March 18, 2018
Hi Paul-

Worship Extreme uses whatever version of a media file that was modified last.  So if the tags are modified on machine 1, then modified on machine 2 before a sync is performed, Worship Extreme will keep the changes from machine 2.

You can delete your local database file, Worship Extreme will re-build it at the next launch of the application.  Anything not yet synced with the cloud will be lost.
Posted by Adam
March 20, 2018
Hello Adam - it has taken several attempts to get all systems synchronised with the consistent tags and things are now settling down.

we didn't need to go to the delete stage but it took several days for all machines to come into line.

Thank you for your help.
Posted by Paul
March 21, 2018
Great, thanks for the update.  I appreciate you bringing the issue to our attention.
Posted by Adam
Login to post a comment