arrow_back Return

Auto Advance not working

September 28, 2016
Hey WE Team!

Just had a quick question. I'm having trouble with the Auto Advance feature. I set it to advance to the next cue after the background media is finished and I disabled the loop, yet when the media finishes the screen just goes to black and it doesn't transition to the next cue. I tried setting it to advance to the specific cue and even tried turning on looping, but nothing worked. I went into settings to find something but nothing seemed to apply. My machine's running Windows 7, so don't know if that's an issue.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance, 

Alan
Posted by Alan
September 28, 2016
I should also add that it seems to transition to the first cue (only background) but not a cue with a foreground.
Posted by Alan
September 29, 2016
Thanks for the post!  What does the cue look like you are auto-advancing to?

Auto-advance will go to a cue without a foreground or a cue with a "Slides" foreground.  If the cue has any other type of foreground, the auto-advance will not continue because those foregrounds require operator interaction.

Let me know if you have any questions.  Thanks!
Posted by Adam
September 29, 2016
Hey Adam! 

The next cue has a lyrics foreground. The cue I'm trying to transition from is a countdown video clip so I was thinking that once the countdown ends it automatically advances to the song cue so that every thing is seamless, instead of transitioning from a black screen. From there the operator can take control. But if that won't work then I guess it'll just have to be manually advanced. 

Posted by Alan
September 29, 2016
Yup, manual advance would be the way to go here.  The + and - key by the number pad can be used to move up and down the cue list.  That may help your operator, I know I usually prefer the key press over the mouse when timing matters.
Posted by Adam
September 29, 2016
Sounds good then. Yea we tend to use the arrow keys, the mouse thing didn't really work out, haha! Well, thanks a lot for you help Adam! Keep up the great work!

Have a wonderful day :)
Posted by Alan
April 2, 2017
Hello, we are new to Worship Extreme software. I just created a song (lyrics) with a movie background but i'm facing some problems. My lyrics have 9 slides and i'm trying to auto advance from slide 1-9. Is this possible ? Thank You :) 
Posted by Kisha
April 2, 2017
Not for song lyrics, but if you use "Slides" as a foreground, then you can.  You also can with PowerPoint slides as well.
Posted by Adam
September 17, 2023
Could we get some more information on this feature. The functionality of Auto Advance has not changed in 7 years. Why are slides (PPT or Google) the only option here? The fact that other service item need user interaction seems like an unusual and rather gatekeeping reason not to allow auto advance anytime the user would like to use it. What can't it just go to the first blank slide of a song or scripture? My work around is to have a blank slide cue with the same background as the following scripture. I like to use the auto advance feature from the previous countdown video so I don't have to worry about having a black screen showing and I can be doing other tasks (I'm the only AV person) until we're ready to read the scripture passage. It's just one less thing to think about.

Please add the ability for auto advance to function with any cue type.
Posted by Grant
Login to post a comment