arrow_back Return

Paste Unformatted Text

Related Threads
Paste Format Only
By: Jack Latest post: January 8, 2022
January 8, 2022
After painfully creating a sample song -- including all the non-standard single-line or single-word formatting such as "Tenor" or "Bass" or song title that demand a separate font color and size -- I save it and try to use it for additional songs via the right-click "Duplicate" (a very handy device ... thanks).

When I try to change any of the non-standard words MANUALLY, the sample song words' formatting stays intact.

However, when I change them by copying from another source and pasting them into the sample-song duplicate, the pasted words take on the default font, size, and color of the original song's template, and carry over such things as italicization from the source (?!). As i recall the Slide Editor does pretty much the same thing.

Your Song (and Slide) Editors seriously need a << Right-click | Paste | Unformatted Text >> option that retains ALL and ONLY the RECEIVING document's formatting -- including font name and size and COLOR and pastes just the characters as if you had just typed them in.

Thanks very much for listening.
Posted by Jack
February 14, 2022
I am a new user. So far things look pretty good, but the Slides editor gives me the impression that you don't want people to use it. It often violates the principle of least surprise. As suggested, a 'paste text only' looks like it may solve one issue. When I copy/paste into a slide, even in the middle of a line, the font size changes. Worse, I sometimes lose the ability to move the cursor. Select slide to edit, paste text, then undo - I can get it to a state where I can't reposition the cursor. I've had it stuck at the end of the slide text - or even disappear completely.
Posted by David
February 14, 2022
We're hoping to give the Slides Editor a big update soon. Currently researching and testing some solutions. Thank you for your patience!
Posted by WorshipTools
April 11, 2022
Why has this disappeared from the Feature Requests listings?
Posted by Jack
Login to post a comment