arrow_back Return

Liturgy

September 30, 2021
Hi,

Currently we are putting all our Liturgy Slides under Lyrics as we don't want separate Google Slides for each. This obviously is not ideal. Would it be possible to add another category for Liturgy?
Thanks
Stephen Mountier
Hawkwell Parish Church, UK
Posted by Stephen
October 5, 2021
We put all our liturgy in the slides section, that was we have more flexibility of changing font colour and size, and adding multiple text boxes. It can be a bit fiddly but it works well once set up.
Posted by Suzanne
October 6, 2021
Sadly Slides don't work how I need them to.
Currently in view of that limitation I utilise the "Custom Slide Order" function within Lyrics so I will class together all the "OPENING SENTENCES" for instance as individual Slides (normally used for Verses/Chorus etc.). Then it is easy to pick just the ones I want for that day on the "Custom Slide Order".

So what we need is the equivalent of the Lyrics layout - I use Template "None" so I can take advantage of Fonts / Colours/ Font Size etc... Where I have Leader in Yellow and Response in White on one Slide. Hence it could be a copy of that code and just made a separate tab within the Database to keep these in. (And if someone from WE is reading this also a way of moving the existing ones across when created(!) as I've spent loads of hours copying and pasting / duplicating and cutting/ colouring / entering from scratch and updating etc...etc.. from "Lyrics" to "Liturgy" tab.) Thanks
Posted by Stephen
February 4, 2022
I have a similar issue using Slides for displaying announcements. We have events that repeat monthly. I'd prefer to just disable them until needed, so something akin to Custom Slide order for Lyrics would be nice. (BTW, using the term SLIDES for both Slides and Lyrics leads to some confusion and even more difficulty in searches.)
Posted by David
April 5, 2022
David, not sure if this is a recent feature or not, but I'm able to "Hide" an announcement slide depending on the week without deleting it by Right Clicking on the slide preview, which sounds like what you are wanting to do.
Posted by Jay
Login to post a comment