arrow_back Return

Default Song Lyric Template apply to all songs added to Service Items

January 25, 2024
When adding a song to the Service Items the Default Background is automatically selected.
It would be great if the Lyric Template could also be automatically applied.

Currently, I have to select edit song to apply the template if it is the first time the song is added to the Service Items.
Posted by Juan
January 25, 2024
Yes I would like this too. And I would also like that if a song is added via Music Stand (or Planning), that the default background is _also_ applied.
Posted by Wei Liang
April 8, 2024
The Default Song Template applies to all songs added to your library after the setting is saved. Any songs already in your library, when the Default Template was selected, will keep their existing template settings until changed manually.

We have resolved the issue with templates not being applied when songs are added through Planning and Charts (formerly Music Stand).
Posted by WorshipTools
April 16, 2024
Thanks for the response. You are explaining how it works but the suggestion is that you should be able to force the template on all songs in the library. As an extra option.
Posted by Juan
April 16, 2024
yes please. that would be appreciated. every sunday we have to routinely check that the songs all have the desired template, and we have to also change the background to our desired background (because songs added from Planner or Charts do not get the default background in Presenter). The last sunday our volunteer accidentally did the bulk-apply to the songs by setting their foreground rather than background - and in doing so instantly deleted all the songs in the service!

I will put the above as a separate request because it is different to Juan's but I agree with Juan's request. It would be easier if we did not have to do this task every Sunday.
Posted by Wei Liang
April 16, 2024
Templates are saved to the song, not the service. However, if you open the service item editor of a song item, under "Advanced Settings," you can apply a template override to all songs in the service. This will at least cut down your work within the service.

The best long-term solution will still be to go into the song's settings and apply the appropriate template.
Posted by WorshipTools
April 16, 2024
Yes - every sunday we do as you say "advance settings, apply template to all songs in service". If it could be done by default we would appreciate it.
Posted by Wei Liang
Login to post a comment